Tuesday 24 March 2015

DIY Saree pin

Hi all there, This time i tried creating my style of saree pins. Saree pins are basically a supporting element for wearing saree. Saree (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sari) is a South Asian female garment. It is associated with grace and widely regarded as a symbol of Indian culture.

I have used Hobby ideas shilpkar (m-seal can also be used instead of shilpkar) as my base to stick on the plain saree pin. (Apply talcum or any face powder on your hands nicely so that shilpkar or m-seal will not stick to your hands)

Take any normal plain saree pin as shown in the above picture. Give any desired shape to your shilpkar and stick it to the pin using hobby ideas fabric glue. Shilpkar will take 25-30 minutes to dry completely so paint or stick stones or any other decorative material to your base before it gets dried, by doing this your items will get sticked to your base very firmly.
I have shared my three different designs of saree pin. but you can decorate it as you like.

Royal one.
 In this picture below, I have created a rectangular pattern of shilpkar to fit it exactly the shape of my pin, then i have created different sized flower petals from shilpkar and a circle as well to give my pin a 3D look.. ;) and finally painted and decorated it.
Bright one.

Elegant one.
So, i hope liked this DIY saree pins.
Thanks for visiting.

No comments:

Post a Comment